- L&T Construction, a subsidiary of the Larsen & Toubro conglomerate also undertakes solar projects. In April 2012, L&T commissioned India’s largest solar photovoltaic-based power plant (40 MWp) owned by Reliance Power at Jaisalmer, Rajasthan. In 2011, L&T entered into a partnership with Sharp for EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) in megawatt solar project and plan to construct about 100 MW in the next 12 months in most of the metros. In June 2014, it commissioned world’s largest rooftop solar plant in Punjab, India with a capacity of 7.52MW.
- SolarCity, founded in 2006 at, San Mateo, USA, has disrupted the century-old energy industry by providing renewable electricity directly to homeowners, businesses and government organizations for less than they spend on utility bills. SolarCity currently serves 14 states and signs a new customer every three minutes. Its primary service is rooftop contractor with a total installed capacity of 567MW.
- Vivint Solar, founded in 2011, is one of the top U.S. residential solar installer, providing simple, affordable solar solutions to consumers. Through a power purchase agreement (PPA), a homeowner can buy the power generated by a solar photovoltaic system at a lower rate than they could get from a local utility provider. It has provided award-winning service while saving customers money, protecting the environment and innovating the way Americans use power with a total installed capacity of 99MW.
- SunEdison is an American manufacturer of silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry as well as solar wafers and Solar PV Modules. It was originally established in 1959. Prior to May 30, 2013, the company was known as MEMC Electronic Materials. Government of Gujarat allocated 5 MW of rooftop system to Sun Edison. SunEdison purchased First Wind for $2.4 billion in November of 2014.
- Azure Power is an Indian solar power producer and offers clean and affordable solar energy to its customers with zero upfront cost and operational expenses. Government of Gujarat allocated 5 MW of rooftop system to Azure energy.
It built a 40MW solar power plant in Rajasthan, India as part of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission.
- RGS Energy is one of the USA’s pioneering solar energy companies serving commercial, residential and utility customers. Beginning with one of the very first photovoltaic panels sold to the public in the U.S. in 1978, the company has installed more than 22,500 solar power systems representing over 235 MW of 100% clean renewable energy.
- TATA Power Solar is a 100% subsidiary of TATA Power. It is a fully integrated solar solutions provider of cells, module and solar products. It also offers Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) services. It has been listed as one of the best third-party EPC player and domestic module supplier for 2014 in India Solar Map 2014.
- Yingli Solar, a Chinese based company is one of the world’s largest solar panel manufacturer and a global solar energy industry leader. More than 40 million Yingli Solar panels (representing over ten gigawatts) have been shipped to more than 50 countries, including Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, France, South Korea, China, Japan, Brazil, Australia, South Africa, Mexico and the United States.